Whenever you leave your home even for a short time, be safe and:
- Secure your home and fully arm your security system.
- Stop mail and newspaper deliveries while you are gone.
- Have a relative or friend periodically come by and visually check for any problems.
- Notify your local police force or security team of your planned absence.
Otherwise general tips include:
- Keep pool enclosure doors locked at all times.
- Keep Landscaping trimmed away from the house.
- Trim tree branches away from over the house – especially important here in the middle of hurricane season.
- Do not let your dog run freely – keep them on a leash. Dog bites are a frequent cause of insurance claims.
Remember to contact us with any changes to your phone number(s) and/or e-mail address. Current numbers and e-mail addresses are critical to us getting to you with any important information about coverages or new programs. 772-287-2440, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you feel you may have a claim, first notify your agent and if the agent is not available, call your company whose number can be found on the policy declaration page.